Saturday, August 27, 2016

eight minutes

Hello friends,

It is I. The one lady who makes all sorts of promises about this blog of mine and never pulls through. (I mean really, how many announcements have I made about "stay tuned for"... and actually written? Maybe two. out of eight thousand. Ouch.)

I chalk most of that up to the fact that I don't have the time I want to get a decent post down. My (almost) 3 year-old son doesn't take naps, and.... and nothing. My kid doesn't nap. I mean, any mom out there with kids knows how devastating it is when that day comes. A huge chunk of "me time" just got taken out of my day, so that kind of sucks.

What I'm saying is I haven't been giving this blog the love & attention it deserves. But I want to.

I want to make an effort.

I read on one of my cute friends blog something about writing for at least 8 minutes. No particular subject in mind, just.... write. So I thought perhaps maybe I should try that. For now, I'll shoot for once a week. (With my track record, you'll hopefully see another one by christmas. But that is neither here nor there.)

Either way, here's to hoping you'll be hearing from me some more. As for right now, I still have three minutes of writing, so let's see what happens.



My husband just shaved his head practically bald. he buzzes it frequently anyway because he pretty much is bald. But today he decided to go shorter than his normal buzz-cut.

Now, I'd like each of you to take a moment and put your hand on the back of your head, where it starts to go down into your neck. Now look at your belly button.

Do you feel how part of your neck comes up? I'm not a doctor, so don't ask me what it is. Spine? maybe. Muscle? also a possibility. Liver? i've never been good at anatomy. Doesn't matter. It raises itself when you look down, and thats the only thing about it that is relevant to this story.

Back to my husband and his bald head.

He decided to go shorter, and he happened to be looking down as he was running the razor through his hair. Somehow, it just so worked out that the razor basically shaved him bald in the raised area, and buzzed the rest. He didn't notice.

He asked me to come take a look, and as I did so I busted up laughing. I'm so mature, and all I could think of was that his head looked like a weird butt.

I was laughing to hard to tell him what was wrong, which he didn't take as a good sign.

Anyway, he is now grumbling in the shower trying to fix this irreparable damage, and I'm still wiping tears from my eyes at how hilarious I find his butt-head.

I wish with all of my heart I could have taken a photo, but... a bad haircut doesn't usually go over well with anyone. A bad hair cut with a wife who is crying she is laughing so hard....

that definitely doesn't go over well. (take it from me.)

Hahahahahahaha. butt head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment