Tuesday, September 13, 2016

things I don't want to forget

>> Jameson is beginning to say words correctly. It's exciting and heartbreaking all at the same time. As of late, most of his words are pretty spot on, but the one that hasn't changed yet is "cockadoctor" (helicopter). I hope he holds on to that one forever, because it's adorable & hilarious.


>> The constant singing in my house. No matter what is going on, Jameson is always singing or humming. I try to introduce him to new songs every now and then so my brain doesn't go crazy having the same song stuck in there week after week. Lately he's been singing "swing on a star" (Look it up. Bing Crosby.) and he mixes up the verses about the mule & the pig. today, it was "a pig is an animal with long, funny ears. his shoes kick at everything he hears. huh huh-huh huh-... fat and lazy and stupid too!" 

>> going along with getting the lyrics wrong, he frequently sings I Am A Child of God (an LDS children's song), where it's supposed to say, 

I am a child of God, and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear.

Instead, it's:

I am a child of God, and He has me sent here,
Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind of dear.

We get a crack out of it ...because he's not wrong.

>> Charlotte LOVES taking baths. She gets so excited when she's in there, her legs start kicking like crazy. As a result, she ends up scooting herself all around the tub. Her and Jamey scoot and splash and laugh like crazy. It's one of my favorite things to watch them play and laugh together. 

>> Jameson congratulates me any time I poop in the potty. He'll come find me, and give me a high five and we'll celebrate, and if I'm lucky I even get to put a sticker on his chart. His "I'm so proud of you!" hugs are the sweetest. And for all of you parents who judge me for letting my son come in the bathroom when I poop, well... you're right. It's kind of terrible. Sue me. It's not like I invited him in there, alright? He just sort of waltzes in, especially if I'm missing for more than .00002816 seconds. 

>> As much as I hate it, I never want to forget the way Jameson will put his hand up and say, "Mom, don't talka me." when I'm trying to get him in trouble. 

>> On that same note, potty training is going really well. And by that I mean I frequently watch my son like a hawk when I know he needs to poo. He's caught on to my tactics, so occasionally he'll come up to me and hold up his hand and say, "Don't find me."

"Why? Are you going to go poop your pants?"

"No! Stay here, mom. Don't find me!!!"

"Do you need to poop?"

"NO!"

"Let's go sit on the potty!"

"No, no poop! No potty."

"You don't need to poop?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, let's sit on the potty anyway."

"No. Mom stay here, don't find Jamey."

Potty training is so fun. It's probably my favorite part of parenthood so far. 


>> this. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment